At iFyber, we work with clients to develop assays for a wide range of biomarkers and sample types, with particular emphasis on the wound care field.
Biomarkers are measurable substances in an organism whose presence can be indicative of a disease state, infection, or environmental exposure. This detectable response can vary based on the specific medical intervention and may give clues regarding disease progression, wound healing, or the physiological side-effects of a device or drug treatment.
Using clinical samples, such as wound exudate or tissue, and methods such as ELISA, FACS, qPCR, LAMP, and others, we can identify biomarkers such as:
- Cytokines (e.g., interleukins [ILs] and TNF-α)
- Growth factors (e.g., platelet-derived growth factor [PDGF])
- Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs)
- Tissue inhibitors of these metalloproteinases (TIMPs)
- MMP/TIMPs ratios
Together with clinical observations, these biomarker measurements can provide clients with a better understanding and more complete picture of how their technology affects the wound healing process.
Click the links below to learn more about iFyber’s biomarker analysis offerings:
- In vitro
- Biocompatibility Screening
- Lateral Flow Assay Development
- Assessing the Secretome of In vitroDifferentiated Human Macrophages Treated with a Pro-inflammatory Stimulus
Contact us to discuss your biomarker testing needs.